“IT-supported variant configuration – from change project to competitive advantage” is the motto of the 12th VDMA Variant Management Conference, which will be held on 7 March 2023 in Langen (Hesse). The one-day event will focus on questions such as:
- How are variant management systems introduced technically and organisationally?
- How can all project participants be involved in the change process?
- With which functions and powers must the project management be equipped?
The conference shows how potentials can be released, for example through the continuous use of data. Durable products are thus accompanied professionally and cost-effectively throughout the entire product life cycle. This generates more customer satisfaction in the long term and thus a decisive competitive advantage.
We are pleased that our customer Zoller will be reporting on its experiences at the conference. “Accelerating processes from sales to production with 3D visualisation and a digitalised quotation process” is the title of the presentation by Erik Spahlinger, Team Leader PLM/ CPQ at E. Zoller GmbH & Co. Among other things, he will report on how
- 3D visualisation of the configuration speeds up sales and allows products to be offered with confidence,
- professional, digitised quotation preparation is made possible, saving time and money,
- a simple and comprehensible presentation of the complex product portfolio is made possible.
Gerd Schüler, Senior Vice President Process and Quality Management at our parent company Lenze SE, will also give a presentation on “Digitalisation consistently implemented – in products, data, configuration and engineering”.